Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 184 Honoring My Husband With Diligence

Imagine if you had the faith of a bag
of mustard seeds, how much less
stressed would you be?
I had quite the interesting evening.  I finally got my hug from Bryan last night but I am missing him again   tonight.  We will be on vacation next week but he left before me because I have client work tomorrow so I am without my one minute hugs again tonight. 

I was going about my work this evening and Bryan called to let me know that he could not get in the house we are supposed to be occupying this coming week.  He showed up with our friends and there were shoes and clothe's depicting that someone else was there.  To make a long story short, when he called me I was not happy.  As this is the second time a miscommunication has happened with us occupying this house.  The last time we had to cancel altogether and went to Atlantic City and Ocean City, NJ instead.  This time I was not happy and neither was he.  To make the situation worse we could not get in contact with the owner, all the hotels in the area were sold out.  Bryan asked if I could locate a hotel for them to stay the night.

The person that owns the house has a business and Bryan also asked if I could locate the number to speak with her because he could not remember the name of the establishment.  I went into my research and detective mode and was able to find the name but of course they were not answering the phone.  This establishment is located not too far from my sister.  So I contacted my sister and asked her to visit this establishment so I could speak with the owner.  I was pretty upset with her for this mishap and causing a situation where my husband was without accommodations.  Actually I was very angry at her.  Being the good Christian that I am, when I finally got to speak with her I did not do what I really wanted to do which was to yell at her for creating this situation a second time around.  In my best, give her the benefit of the doubt voice, I explained to her what was going on and asked that she do something to correct it.  Well as it turns out there was not much to be done.  The family that was occupying the house certainly was not going to leave knowing they would not find alternate accommodations.

I had to stop in my tracks, say a prayer and ask the Lord to lead me to someplace that would have accommodations.  I had searched every travel site I knew to try and find something while my sister sought to locate her and came up empty handed each time.  Then the Lord told me to type in the name of a hotel I knew was in the area and to give them a call directly.  And but of course they had "one" room available.  It was at a ridiculous rate, but it was a condo with two bedrooms, perfect.  I was quite relieved to know he and our friends would not have to sleep in the car.  Today I honored my husband with diligence by being creative and pulling out the ultimate weapon of prayer.

My friends always tell me they are amazed at my level of faith.  I think I simply just take God at his word.  He says ask and it shall be given and I believe he can do the absolutely impossible in all situations.  I believe it for the small things and the big things.  There are things I have prayed for that have not yet been materialized but I know in my heart they will come to pass, even if it is in heaven because my God cannot lie.   All the resources on this earth belong to him; he is just allowing us to use them during our relatively short visit. 

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband with diligence?  This story had many more details I could have shared, but the most important aspect is that I wanted to honor my husband's request to help him find accommodations and to understand what happened.  We still do not know who was telling the truth, the person currently in the home or the owner, but that is not important.  What's most important is that the Lord used my diligence to get the task accomplished. This was a nice deposit into the emotional bank account.  How hard do you work to take care of something for your husband?  Do you see it all the way to the end or do you give up when the situation looks bleak? How can you honor your husband with diligence today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized." Hebrews 6:11

1 comment:

Conny said...

Not only did you honor your husband, you honored THE LORD! I know it is HARD. Sometimes my husband gives me lists of things to do and while I can do them (I do a lot of that "detective mode" internet searching for him or making phone calls), I sigh heavy & let him know "I don't wanna do this right now." ... I definitely could work on serving my husband with DILIGENCE. Thanks for the reminder and great example.