Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 166 Honoring My Husband With A Prayer of Protection

I have come to learn that the Lord speaks to me through nature.  It has been through this experience, this blog, that I have come to this revelation.  I just love it when the Lord raises another level of awareness.  Bryan and I love the Discovery Channel.  Today begins Shark week where they share many stories about the lives of shark, previous attacks, beaches to stay away from, how to protect yourself if ever attacked and the different species of shark.  It is a wealth of knowledge yet sometimes scary since I love the water so much. 

As I watched one of the shows today where they spoke about the numerouse attacks that happened in 2008 the Lord revealed to me the correlation of a shark in beautiful water and the existence of the devil hear on our lovely earth. The shark show talked about how a shark willl watch its prey until it appears to be in its most comfortable position.  It will circle and staulk its prey awaiting the right moment to attack.  The shark is called the ocean's most majestic predator.  It is extremely quick and deadly and will overtake a victim before you know what hit you forcing the victim into an unexpected battle for their life.

As I listened to the narrator speaking I realized that the Lord was reminding me that this is exactly how the devil works.  He will wait until we are most comfortable and our guard is down.  He will come when we are surrounded by the beauty of what's important to us and he will attack when we least expect it often times throwing us into an unexpected battle for our spiritual, emotional or mental being.  The shark show talked about those who love the ocean, especially the areas where shark tend to have a higher concentration to always be prepared and to expect the unexpected. 

Today I am honoring my husband with a prayer of protection.  I pray for my husband every day asking the Lord to cover him, to keep his mind, to help him stay focused, and to help him be the man God would have him to be.  As a result of my revelation today, I am adding to this prayer, the prayer of protection from the cunning ways of the sharks on earth.  He has often shared with me how he sometimes gets worn down by the people he encounter.  Today I realize those people are like the shark in the water attacking his spirit without notification.  I am honoring my husband with a prayer of protection by adding to my daily prayer specifically that he is protected so that when the shark come he is able to see them coming and not let them tear away a piece of his spirit.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with a prayer of protection?  What are the shark in his life that your spiritual warfare can help contain or provide the necessary protection of your husband's spirit?  How can you honor your husband today or tomorrow with a prayer of protection?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle


"Prayer - do not leave home without it and do not send your loved one's out without it either."

2 comments:

Conny said...

great analogy!! kind of made me think of the Bible verse that talks about our adversary walking about as a roaring lion --- but instead we could say preying shark!

Rochelle said...

Conny you are so correct. The adversary will use whatever he can to try and tear us down. I am so grateful for the protection of the Lord through prayer.