Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 193 Honoring My Husband With Forgiveness

Today was another busy day.  We had a lot of following up to do because of Hurricane Irene and our properties.  Fortunately there was no major damage but we discovered a leaky roof and a large tree collapsed in one of the backyards onto someone else's property. 

After taking care of all the business stuff I got right into my school projects and client work and then onto a late video conference call for a school assignment of which I had to facilitate.  By 9:30 PM I was exhausted.  Yet as I ended my video conference call I heard the door bell ring.  My first thought was what happened that would cause someone to ring our bell so late.  Turns out Bryan had invited someone over to our house to do a sales demonstration.  It was somone I knew but that was not even in my radar.  He led the person to our front table and turned her over to me while he sat in front of the TV.  I was not a happy camper but she is pretty young and I did not want to hurt her feelings because she drove at least an hour to do this presentation.

To make a long story short, it was a two hour presentation and needless to say I was beyond exhausted when it was done.  I was not happy with Bryan because I had no idea this person was showing up and he went about his evening as normal while I felt he hijacked mine.  When she left I was so tired all I could say to him was simply, please do not do that again.  Today I am honoring my husband with forgiveness.  Any other time I would have been delighted to support the work of this young lady however it could not have been on a worse evening. 

I am honoring my husband today with forgiveness for several reasons, 1. I did not want to carry it, 2. He did apologize for not informing me or asking me if it would be okay, 3. Because that is what we do as a child of God, we forgive.  What else was I to do?  I am not the kind of person that carries things around but I do let my feelings be known.  I actually found it quite funny that I simply did not have the energy to do anything else but forgive him.  Sometimes God just knows.  He has forgiven me of all my transgressions the least I could do is forgive my husband for his today.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's with  forgiveness?      This issue may seem pretty minor to most, however I am one that really value my time and will plan my day up to the end so it left me with a few things undone for the day that will have to be carried over into tomorrow.  Forgiveness or the lack of it can be the cause of some much dissention in a marriage or relationship.  Something happens and we hold on to it, yell at the person for something totally unrelated and they are clueless that the thing we were angry about happened 7 days prior.  How do you need to honor your husband with forgiveness in today? What if anything are you holding on to that is causing a divide in your marriage. Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace." Ephesians 1:7
 

No comments: