Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 177 Honoring My Husband In Spirit

This weekend I am away at school and I had the privilege of having dinner in Alexandria, VA  with two very good friends and their husband's.  Bryan could not be there because he was attending a fight in Atlantic City.  I had a great time with my friends and their husband's and I also missed Bryan very much. 

My friend Jen is the ultimate OD Practitioner and comes up with these awesome dinner and party games.  Tonight we played a game that entailed sharing what you are grateful for, listed our favorite things like shoes, candy, vacation spots, words, beaches etc. and our current or desired super powers.  As we shared in each of these areas I could not help but wonder what Bryan would have said if he was present.  Today I honored my husband in spirit.  Although he was not at dinner I found myself bringing him up on several occasions because I truly missed his presence.  Stating his name was my way of bringing  him into the room and providing me with the warmth of his presence. 

I was actually surprised at how much I wished he could have shared in on the experience with me.  I believe it was because both of my married friend's have great husbands and I so enjoyed watching their love in action.  Today I honored my husband in spirit by sharing some of his story, bringing him up in the conversation and holding a place for him in his absence.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband in spirit?  How do you bring him into the room when you need to feel his presence but he is not there?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle



"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit." E.E. Cummings

"The human spirit is the lamp of the LORD that sheds light on one’s inmost being." Prov. 20:27

No comments: