Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 186 Honoring My Husband's Physique

I cannot believe I am away on vacation in a lovely house with no internet connection. Stay tuned for today's posting. Thank goodness for blackberry's.

Today as Bryan and I were preparing to enjoy the sights in Ocean City he was very interested in what was on TV.  As he was getting dressed he stopped before putting on his pants and was standing before me with simply a T-shirt and his underwear.  I could not help but admire his physique.  I smiled inside and felt myself getting all warm and fuzzy.  As I watched him complete the process of getting dressed I could not help but be grateful for being blessed with a handsome husband that still has it going on.
Today I honored my husband’s physique by appreciating him physically as well as aesthetically.  Sometimes it is nice to appreciate the wrapping paper as well as the gift of our blessings. 
Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband’s physique?  Do you still admire the wrapping of the gift the Lord has given you?  I remember once an older woman shared with me that her husband is like a pair of old favorite slippers to her.  She said he may not be as tight in all the places he once was, some of his straps have widened, the heal is a little worn down, but he is still her favorite because he fits like a glove, is more comfortable than anything else she knows, she always feels relaxed in his presence and she loves to come home and wrap herself in his arms.   
Blessings,
Rochelle
"It is always a blessing when the gift and the wrapping are still intact years after its received."

No comments: