Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 194 Honoring My Husband's Friendship

I am so glad that the Lord forgives us and gives us the power to forgive our loved ones.  I call that joy in the  morning.  Today I am honoring my husband's friendship.  I know that Bryan and I have a great courtship.  We enjoy spending time with each other, show love in many different ways, we tease each other, bring home each other's best desserts just because, and we will watch each other's TV shows, even the ones we are not interested in just to be in each other's presence. Given all this, I would like to believe we are very good if not best friends. 

However today I came across an interesting list of questions from the book, Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith.  In her book she speaks about increasing the intimacy in your marriage through a deeper friendship.  She suggests answering the list of questions below.  As I read through the questions, after the first few I thought this will be a piece of cake, until I came across one I was not absolutely sure of, and then another one, and then yet one more.  I decided at that point that this is probably a good way to honor my husband by honoring his friendship and using the questions to move to a place of being closer friends than today by knowing just a little more than we do today about each other.  The questions are:

1.  What is the happiest thing that has ever happened to your husband?
2.  What has been the hardest experience of his life?
3.  What are his secret ambitions, his goals for life?
4.  What are his deep fears?
5.  What about you does he appreciate the most?
6.  What traits of yours would he like to see changed?
7.  What man or men does he most admire?
8.  What are his spiritual struggles?
9.  What does he like best in bed?
10. What's his favorite color? Favorite restaurant? Favorite dessert?
11. What's his favorite song?
12. What's his favorite piece of your lingerie?
13. What his favorite sport?
14. Who is his favorite profession athlete?
15. What was his favorite class in high school and/or college?
16. When he was a child, what did he dream of doing?
17. What's  his earliest childhood memory?
18. What's the one thing he would consider a sexual treat?
19. How does he feel about storms? Has he ever been in a tornado? Snowed in? A hurricane? An earthquake?
20. What a brand of underwear does he prefer?

It is a long list of questions but I thought it would be a cool exercise to do for each other.  If nothing else it would make for interesting conversation for those things you discover about each other.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's friendship?  Does your husband consider you to be his best friend?  What can you do to honor your husband's friendship today to increase the level of intimacy in  your marriage?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

“Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, ‘The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever."
1st Samuel 20:42

No comments: