Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 190 Honoring My Husband With Tenacity


Tenacity - forging forward even when
it feels like pushing up hill.
 I cannot believe that I have crossed the half way point in this journey.  It seems as I get closer and closer to completing my school program it gets more and more challenging to get clarity on how I will honor my husband.  Today as I wondered what it would be the word tenacity jumped right out at me so today that is how I am honoring my husband.  I will need the tenacity of a jungle "female" lion to stay the course.

I shared a while ago that I have written my own personal 12 life commandments, the last one is to be a lioness.  The reason is because the lioness is the one who gets up each day and ferociously tackles what needs to be done to ensure her youth can eat for the day and she will hunt for hours until she completes the task.  Over the next few months I will need to be the head lioness to ensure I hold true to honoring my husband, successfully complete my MSOD program, and stay the course on the home front with some minor adjustments.

Today I am honoring my husband with tenacity as a reminder to continue to forge forward and tackle what feels like a huge mountain of work before me by chucking away one piece at a time.  To make sure that I continue to plan our meals so I don't get back to feeling like cooking is a task instead of a creative way to express myself.

Wives of the world in what ways do you need to honor your husband's with tenacity?  Is there something you committed to doing but it has fallen by the wayside because life, kids, school, work, and family has gotten in the way?  I have found that sometimes all I need is the feeling of accomplishing what I said I would do to keep me going for the remainder of the day.  Being able to say, yes I did it brings so much joy to me and those I have made the commitment to.  What do you need to do to bring joy to your husband today by honoring him with tenacity?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Patience and tenacity of purpose are worth more than twice their weight of cleverness."
Thomas Henry Huxley

No comments: