Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 180 Honoring My Husband Through Frustration

It is amazing how quickly the waves can turn into a storm. Today I am honoring my husband through my frustrations. He has been holding something against me that I feel he really owns. In the midst of holding myself accountable to God I sought to find the lesson in the situation.  Today while spending the day at a client church trying to get to know their system better, I prayed and asked for understanding and clarity.  Then I was presented with a video of their service on Sunday by one of the pastors.  You would not believe what it was about, nothing other than marriage.

The Lord certainly does have a way of getting his message across.  The video I viewed was about how a husband is to love his wife and how a wife is to submit to her husband.  I was quite intrigued by some of the concepts shared.  Specifically how when a wife does not submit to her husband according to God's plan it derails the marriage just as it does when a husband does not love his wife as Christ did.  So I asked the Lord what in the world am I missing and in what area am I not submitting.  I don't know the answer yet but I am committed to finding out.  In the meantime I am still honoring my husband through my frustrations and I actually had a great laugh about how things unfolded.

Day before yesterday I honored my husband's emotions and today he escalated mine.  When we were going through premarital counseling our Pastor told us his barometer to determine the seriousness of a couple's problem is their sex life.  If the sex is still working then he says the couple is only going through growing pains.  Well I had to laugh at that thought because although I am frustrated when using my Pastor's barometer I know we are only going through growing pains.

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband through your frustrations?  Are you able to still honor him in the midst of your own emotions or do you totally shut down?  This process has actually gotten me to the point where I do not believe I could totally shutdown even if I wanted to.  God just continues to keep me focused on the prize.  How can you honor your husband today through your frustrations.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"You've done it before and you can do it now.  See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination." Ralph Marston

2 comments:

Shenika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shenika said...

Hi Rochelle, I Really Enjoyed Reading This Post. I Learned Some Things.. :) You Can Also Visit My Blog and My Post On, It Takes One To Know One! http://youngandliving4god.blogspot.com/2011/08/it-takes-one-to-know-one.html Comment Let Me Know WHat You Think. :-))