Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 175 Honoring My Husband With Reverence

Today while I was running some errands and was pondering over how I would be honoring my husband  today.  The Lord had not yet spoken to me so I was just waiting to hear from him.  When I got in my car after leaving the store, one of my favorite Pastor's was on the radio, Dr. Tony Evans and he was speaking about marriage.  As I was starting the car he said, "The Lord commands that we reverence our husband's, this is how we honor them."  I thought well that was pretty clear.  So today I am honoring my husband with reverence.

Reverence is defined as "a feeling or attitude of deep respect, love, awe, and esteem, as for something sacred." Proper expression of a reverent attitude toward God reveals the character of the heart. The greater our character, the greater our reverence of God and our husband.  I always love Dr. Evan's teachings about marriage.  He stated that if a husband does not receive the reverence from his wife he will shrivel up and die.  He likened reverence to respect and honor.  He said it is their greatest need and highest motivator to do a better job at loving his wife.  "It is not optional" to reverence our husband's like it is not optional for our husband's to love us. 

Reverencing one's husband includes submitting to him.  Dr. Evans stated that we are equal in every way to our husband's but when it comes to the family we are to yield to his headship.  He used the analogy of Adam and Eve and what can happen when roles are reversed.  The devil takes over and there is spiritual dysfunction in the family.  Today I am honoring my husband with reverence.  As I sat in the car and listened to Dr. Evans talk about reverence, submission and honor I began to wonder, "In what way am I not demonstrating reverence to my husband?"  I do not think it is by chance that the Lord has raised the topic of respect and submission several times since I began this blog.  My prayer is that whatever else I need to learn or unlearn in this area it will be revealed to me sooner rather than later. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband with reverence?  Who's the head of your household, you or your husband?  Is your house spiritually dysfunctional because it is out of order with the word of God?  Tony mentioned that God is the head of our husband's and our husband's are the head of us.  This does not mean we follow them when it is something against the word of God, but it does mean that we allow them to take the lead.  He mentioned that if we change how we reverence our husband's they will change how they love us, for the better.  So I am going for the gold and hope you join me.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." 1st Corin 11:3

No comments: