Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 191 Honoring My Husband With Comfort Food



Today I have been having the strangest feeling, a feeling I do not recall ever experiencing before today.  I like to watch the news, specifically CNN.  I like to know what is going on in the world as it relates to people's behavior, our economy and government.  Today it seems just about every news channel was talking about the impending hurricane Irene.  My curiosity was heightened and at the same time I wondered should we be doing something to prepare. 

Bryan spent the day in Baltimore helping his Mom and sister prepare by getting their generators ready, tying down his boat, and checking on our properties.  As I watched the news and listened to all the reports about the weather, I kind of felt like a sitting duck.  It was really weird for me.  I know for sure from the moment we bought our house we were protected by angels.  I used to stand outside on our porch and tell Bryan to take a look at all the angels watching over us because we have so many stars over our home each night.  Yet today this feeling kept gnawing at me.  Finally I decided I need to pray about this, so I went to my prayer alter and asked the Lord what if anything we needed to do to prepare.  What I heard back was to simply have the essentials, enjoy the evening with my husband and know that we are covered.  That was all I needed.

Bryan came home quite exhausted after making sure everything was in order.  He was concerned about his boat and a couple of his properties.  Today I honored my husband with comfort food.  He was quickly passed out on the couch yet I knew he had not nourished his body.  I began to reflect back on my prayer earlier in the day and realized there is a blessing in bad weather; alone time with loved ones and the opportunity to lighten their loads.  As I prepared Bryan's food I could feel the summer slipping away.  One day its popcorn on a beach pier and the next comfort food in the confines of our home, I just love the changes each day brings.

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband's with comfort food?  How do you or can you take advantage of a major storm?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Comfort food, every spoonful puts the mind at ease, removes the worries of the day, relaxes the soul and rejuvenates the spirit."  RAS

My prayers go out to everyone that experienced a loss today due to the storm.  To all that are in the path of Irene please be safe, follow the directions of authorities and government officials about evacuating and know that a life is more important than a house. 

2 comments:

Conny said...

I've been adding my prayers for those affected by Irene all day too ... We lived in Newport News, VA in Sept of 1999 & experienced Hurrican Floyd (I think it was?) ... those storms are powerful - and yet they are totally under God's control!! He blows the winds where He wishes & protects His children through the storm. Glad you feel those angels watchin' over you! :)

Rochelle said...

I feel extremely fortunate for the minor issue we had to contend with in comparison to so many. I am from Northern New Jersey and several areas were hit pretty hard but all is okay with my family. I do truly feel angels are watching over me and my family. Thanks for your comment.

Rochelle