Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 183 Honoring My Husband Through Sadness

"Two hearts beating as one soothes the
soul and deepens the love." R.A.S.
I spent most of today completing work for school and one of my clients.  I decided to complete my work at my office away from home, Panera Bread.  I love that they open early and close late and have great food.  Bryan left the house pretty early today and tonight is the Baltimore Raven's first preseason game and his friend's birthday so I knew he would be out late.  However I did not anticipate missing him so much this evening when I returned home. 

After getting settled I realized I was not going to get my one minute hug because I will be sleep by the time he gets home and I am really missing it.  I guess it did have an impact on my subconscious yesterday and it certainly left me with heightened emotions.  Today I am honoring my husband with sadness.  When I used to travel extensively for work I would have these moments but it was usually after about 3 days.  Well it has not even been 24 hours and I am wishing my husband was home to give me my one minute hug.  This is somewhat of a new space for me yet I only want to bask in the moment.  That will make it just that much more joyous when he does come home.

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband's with sadness?  How much time has to pass before you begin to experience sadness when you and your husband are apart? Or are you over joyed to have some alone time?  There are times I get excited to have some alone time, but tonight is not one of those times.  You may wonder, how one can honor their husband with sadness.  Well what it means for me is that my heart is pounding with anticipation, my thoughts are filled joyous memories of him and my body is longing for his arms to be around me and because I have all of that going on, I am sad that he's not within reach at the moment.  So I guess you can say I am missing my husband this evening and I truly wonder how much of it has to do with our new practice of the one minute hug.  Wives please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Sustain me with cakes of raisins, Refresh me with apples,  For I am lovesick." "My beloved is mine, and I am his." Song of Solomon 2:4-5,16

1 comment:

Conny said...

Oh how I love Panera too!! Our little, "middle-of-no-where" town just got one about a year ago and I suddenly don't feel like we're so far from civilization :)

Anyway, thanx for your continued encouraging comments on my blog ... I will update on my Health soon - I'm hanging in there steady but not making any more progress. I do plan to keep at it though.