Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 16 - Honoring My Husband Through Accountability

It has been quite interesting for me to get back into the groove of my normal life.  One of the benefits of traveling is you get to have someone else take care of some key essentials.  Although I missed home, I truly enjoyed having someone else cook, clean, make up the bed and clean the bathroom.  Getting back to normal not only meant following up with my clients, taking care of my business, and taking care of my husband but it also means reactivating the wife or home duty hormones.  Fortunately for me, I am somewhat of a neat freak but I can easily get absorbed into my work because I love it so much.  Today, I honor my husband through accountability.

I honor him through accountability because I truly had to hold myself accountable for my commitment to honor him every day and to my wifely duties, outside the bedroom.  Inside the bedroom comes pretty easy when you are gone for more than a week.  Because I was so engrossed in catching up on my business I almost forgot to take care of dinner.  And with this journey I am on, it is important to me to not just have food available, but to honor my husband by preparing something that he will truly enjoy after eating fast food, frozen dinners and take out in my absence.  So, today I honor my husband through accountability by taking care of the small things that are important to him, like a great meal, clean underwear and clean socks.  Even if it means I have to put my work on hold for a little while so he knows that he is the priority above all else. 

Wives of the world, how do you hold yourself accountable to taking care of the things that are important to your husband?  Is he aware of the priority you have for him by the accountability you exhibit or is it a question mark to him?  Please share in what ways you do or can honor your husband through accountability.

Rochelle
"Accountability is not just a principle it is a practice." Bishop W.S. Thomas

No comments: