Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 34 - Honoring My Husband Through Self Care

I am the type of person that stays busy. I really do not like to waste time.  Even if I am sitting on the couch I like to be reading, working on a crocheting project, or doing something constructive.  Like most women, multi-tasking is my middle name.  Over the past few weeks, I have been struggling sleeping, which has been catching up with me.  I typically like to cook a nice dinner on Sunday's after church, but today I had about as much energy as a turtle.  After we returned home from church I found myself curled up on our lounge chair taking a nap.  I realized I could not provide the love, care, company and companionship I typically do when I am fully rested.  So today, I honored my husband by first taking care of myself. 

I know for many women this may sound selfish or more about me than him, however I know for sure that I can't give my best until I am at my best.  So today I wanted to be at my best and honored my husband through self care.  In order to give all we have to someone else, we have to give to ourselves first.  Otherwise we can only give less than half ourselves to those that are most important to us and that is not what God intended for our relationships.  Once I was well rested, I was able to provide the love and care my husband so enjoys.  By honoring him through self care I was able to provide a good dinner, hold a good conversation and we were able to enjoy the remainder of the evening.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband through self care?  Are you one to run yourself until the Lord stops you or are you able to balance taking care of yourself so you can better take care of your husband?  Please share your stories with us, we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be toward others." -Eda LeShan
Please click on comments below to share your story.

2 comments:

ronmar said...

I like what you said so I am taking your advice in a different approach.I gave my family chores for this weekend and I am going to relax.

Ronmar

Rochelle said...

Good for you,it was your birthday so hopefully you spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing but taking care of you. Rochelle