Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 36 - Honoring My Husband With Meaningful Conversation

I would describe myself as somewhat of a talker depending upon the situation, how I feel about the subject at hand and the environment.  However my husband is blessed with the gift of gab.  He can carry on a conversation about anything and he loves the aspect of dialogue.  I on the other hand like dialogue in doses which means sometimes I may politely shorten a conversation.  As the Lord is working on me through the honoring my husband process, he is also providing great insight.  My insight today was how I can engage my husband in conversation that is meaningful to him to afford him the opportunity to dialogue as long as he would like.

So today I honored my husband with meaningful conversation by engaging him in conversation about his youth.  We have been together for over 17 years and it is amazing to me how there is always more to learn.  We engaged in an awesome conversation about how things that transpired in our youth show up for us today in both a positive and constructive manner.  We were able to link current behavior with past incidents, which was awesome for me given my field of study. I am so intrigued by the aspect of human behavior and why we do what we do.  It was a great time as we both had new insights and was able to enjoy each other's company as we learned more about each other.

Today I honored my husband with meaningful conversation because I know how much he enjoys the aspect of dialogue; I love to watch how he lights up as he shares any great story.  He is a phenomenal story teller and when he's in the zone, he's in the zone. 

Wives of the world, in what ways can you or do you honor your husband with meaningful conversation?  The key word is meaningful, which I define as gaining some new insight.  What would happen if you changed your conversation with your husband so that he is more engaged if he is not one for a lot of dialogue.  Try engaging him in a discussion about his youth and see where it takes him and you and please share your story with us.

Blessings,

Rochelle
"Let your conversation be always full of grace.." Col 4:6
Please click on comments below to share your story, we would love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It’s a wonderful thing that Bryan loves to engage in conversation. The topic of who he was once upon a time was something that he found pleasure in sharing with you and in him doing that you both were able to find pleasure in meaningful conversation. For many women it may be a little more challenging to get a conversation out of their better half but I don’t think it’s impossible. There are several things a woman can do if her man doesn’t naturally like to chew the fat with her. First I think we should try to talk about things that interest him. Get to know what he likes whether it’s sports or a hobby, educate yourself on the topic and start talking to him about it. Most people like to talk about things that interest them and men are no different. You could also ask him to tell you something about himself that he’s never shared with anyone else and you do the same. This would allow him the ability to feel safe and pull you closer emotionally not only as his mate but also as his friend. And last I believe timing is everything. Try and pick a time to talk when the two of you are not preoccupied doing other things and can give each other the undivided attention needed to have a meaningful conversation.

ronmar said...

Hello,I agree
conversation with your partner is up most important in a marriage wether it is kids,work or just a sit down convo about what happen today or something someone said to you in the day to start it going it is a great feeling you have for each other and you get a bond that sometimes we forget that is there.

Rochelle said...

Thank you ladies, I agree with you both. There is nothing like the intimacy of a conversation to make the difference in the intensity of a relationship.

Hello all my silent and private followers, I know you are out there. We would love to hear your take on having meaningful conversation with your husband.