Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 22 - Honoring My Husband Through Action Part II

Now that I am home and my body has finally acclimated to EST I am able to honor my husband in action per the original list, but this time in person.  So today, I honor my husband in action, part two.  I received feedback from several of you about the list from the first rendition of honoring my husband in action.  Well this is part 2 of that series.  You may recall, I said it was a pretty expansive list, these are items 11 - 20. 

  1.   Avoid sudden major changes without discussion giving him time to adjust.
  2.  When you go out on a date together don't bring up problems - reserve it for just fun.
  3.  Focus on what he is doing right instead of what's negative.  You get more honey with bees.
  4.  Show interest for what he feels is important in life.
  5.  Correct him gently and in private.
  6. The first few minutes after a spouse returns home, often determines how the remaining of   the evening will go.   Try to make the first few minutes of seeing each other more positive.  If necessary ease in  to anything negative.
  7. Make special time for him apart from the children or other household members.
  8. Do not allow any family members to treat him disrespectfully, privately or publicly. You should be the one to defend any family member that dishonors his place as your husband.
  9. Compliment him of often.
  10. Be creative when you express your love, both in words and in action.
The first two items on this list I can really relate to.  Last year we had an exchange student who will be visiting us again this year.  When I heard from her I wanted to just say yes of course you can visit for a month, but then I realized I needed to check it out with Bryan before committing my time and his.  As for number two, well I totally blew that one to shreds on this past weekend.  We went to the movies and from the time we sat down I fell asleep and slept through the entire movie.  This was a first for me. 

Fortunately, I have an understanding husband who did not get upset, but I was angry with myself because I lost the opportunity for us to have a shared experience.  We could not have our usual intellectual critique of the movie because I had no context.  So if I were to add on to number two I would say make sure you are well rested to enjoy the date.  Today I honor my husband through action and look forward to making up the time I lost this weekend. 

Wives of the world, in what ways do you relate to the action list part two?  What ways can you honor your husband through action in person?  Are any of the action items a challenge for you? If so why? Please share your stories with us.

Rochelle

Action speaks louder and clearer than any words you could ever speak; and remember love is an action.
Please click on comments below to post your story.


 

No comments: