Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 44 - Honoring My Husband With Preparation

Yesterday I shared how excited I am about our upcoming trip to the Berks Jazz Festival and today, I am just as excited.  However, in all of my excitement, I had forgotten I have a major paper due for school on tomorrow, which if I do not complete it will preoccupy my mind the entire weekend.  So today, I am honoring my husband with preparation.

I am honoring him with preparation to ensure that our weekend is not impacted by whatever is left at home.  I am honoring him with preparation to ensure that my mind, body and spirit are totally focused on him, us and our time together. When we went to see Tyler Perry's movie Why Did I Get Married, Bryan said Tyler's wife reminded him of me because I used to take my laptop and phone on vacation.  Well this time, the laptop will be on rest.  So I will do whatever it may require to get this paper done so we both can have the time we expect and deserve.  That being said, I am signing off to complete my work so I am prepared to leave on tomorrow.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband's through preparation?  When you have something special planned with him, how do you ensure you are giving him your all and all for the entire time by properly preparing yourself in advance?  Please share your story; we would love to hear from you.

Rochelle
"Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says.." Joshua 7:13

No comments: