Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 29 - Honoring My Husband With Understanding

Today I had quite the realization.  I am the ultimate optimist and because of this I often lose sight that what may seem easy or attainable to me; in actuality may not be.  I am honoring my husband today with understanding.  Early in the day as he talked about the challenges before him, I proceeded to say that he was making things too hard.  He proceeded to tell me that I really did not have perspective.  As he spoke, I realized, he was right.  I do not have perspective on the challenges he may have to face in the situation we were discussing.  So what's the best thing to do when you really do not know, be quiet.  So that is exactly what I did.  I stepped out of my you can do anything self and just allowed him to share in a way that I hoped he would feel understood. 

Later in the evening, as he shared how the day unfolded, I again realized I really did not have perspective and sometimes things are or will be just as difficult as someone believes they will be. My reconciliation of the moment was to provide the help and support needed to lighten the load the best way I knew how.  It was a real wake up call for me in that sometimes the beauty of the situation is just as it is and the best way to help is to simply be understanding.

Wives of the world, how do you honor your husband with understanding?  When you think you are helping and realize you are not, how do you turn it into a moment of learning?  When was the last time your husband really felt understood by you?

Blessings,

Rochelle

But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding. Job 32:8

Please click on comments below to share your story, we would to hear from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle,

Great post. I've been sharing your blog on my twitter and facebook pages. I believe that all successful marriages have a level of sacrifice attached to them. Going beyond yourself to benefit your spouse ultimately brings pleasure to you as well.

Michelle C.