Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 37 - Honoring My Husband Through Determination

There is no question in my mind that the Lord has placed this assignment upon me.  Each day he gives me incredible insight and just when I begin to question, okay Lord what do you have for me today, the wisdom of life just opens up.  Today I am honoring my husband with determination.  Last year I left my corporate job to begin my ministry consulting business full time.  Many of you know my work is to help churches be more effective. 

My dear husband, in his most supportive way, has let me know that although he believes in me and the work I have to offer, he does not believe in the integrity of Pastors and their willingness to pay for services provided.  We have gone back and forth about the viability of my business and he tries as hard as he can to be supportive.  In his business he has been burned on more than a few occasions by churches or Pastor's not keeping their word, he has not been paid for his services and in his past he was a Trustee and had a bad experience that caused him to move to another church.  So needless to say his struggle is not just because, but because he has history to support his beliefs. 

I am honoring him today with determination because I know through my business he will begin to change his heart as I experience success.  I am honoring him through determination because I am determined to show him a different side of the church and that there are churches and Pastors that are of the highest integrity.   I am honoring him through determination because I know the power of the Lord and I am convinced more and more that  as he continues to change me through this process, he will also be changing those around me, mainly my husband.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband through determination?  How do you increase your level of determination to show him something of the Lord or to change his heart in an area of challenge?  Please share your story with use.

Rochelle

Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
Tommy Lasorda
Please click on comments to post your story, we would love to hear from you.

No comments: