Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 25 - Honoring My Husband With Comfort

 Today I honored my husband with comfort.  I am away at school in D.C. and he began his day believing it was going to be an easy and smooth day for him.  Turns out a few hours into the day he realized he was notified that several of his properties had floods in the basement and as a result the furnaces were inoperable.  As he arrived at one property and entered the basement he was faced with several feet of water and once that was cleared and he went to the next property he was again faced with several feet of water.  This happened yet again at one other property because of the heavy rains on yesterday.  He later received more news about another property and an issue with a tenant.   

Needless to say, by time we talked he was quite down and worn out.  So the best thing I could do, given we are again in two different locations, was to provide a comforting ear, moral support and words of encouragement by looking for the good in the situation.  I asked him, "What was good about the day?" I could tell as he answered this question his spirits began to rise and we began to discuss that with all the horrible events of the day, he was able to recoup the furnaces which was truly a blessing.  As we continued the conversation, his focus was no longer on the mishaps of the day, but was on what went well and how he was intending to spend the remainder of the day.  So today, I am blessed to have been able to honor my husband by providing a comfort and helping him get to a better place after a quite challenging day.

Wives of the world, how do you honor your husband with comfort when he has had a rough day?  Do you provide the comfort he needs to help him get to a better place or do you add salt to an open wound?  Please share your examples of honoring your husband with comfort.

Blessings,

Rochelle

But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief. Job 16:5

We would love to hear from you, click on comments to share your story, thoughts and insight.

2 comments:

ronmar said...

Today my husband came home from work and I ask him how was his day and he said it was a Great Day he had gotten a good respond from a guess, and so I comforted him by saying he is very good at what he does and some people do see that may not always be the person we want to see but a little good words go along way.

Rochelle said...

That is so true, it is amazing at how sometimes the smallest thing we say, can also be the smartest thing we say to make a world of difference in our spouse's day. Thanks