Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 24 - Honoring My Husband With Patience

Praise be to God for his mercy and grace is everlasting.  Today the Lord is teaching me to honor my husband with a greater degree of patience.  Many who know me know that I am a very patient person in most situations.  It takes a lot for my patience to be rattled.  Today the Lord is exposing me to where my patience needs to be fine tuned and further developed. 

As I proceeded to go about my daily duties my husband reminded me of some other work that needed to be attended to, getting our taxes prepared for the accountant.  As he talked, I listened and thought about the other things that I felt needed to be done.  My initial thought was to tell him all the reasons why I could not change my schedule, but then God stepped in and reminded me that this journey is not about honoring him on the assigned topic for the day, but it is accumulative.  So the Lord reminded me that when I said I was honoring my husband through Silence, Action I & II, Calmness, Blessing, Respect, Listening, Excitement and ultimately Love today was an opportunity to display them all with an icing of Patience. 

Because we have several businesses, it is a source of stress for him to not have everything prepared for the assigned date for our accountant.  By changing my priorities for the day and attending to his request with silence and calmness, he felt heard, blessed, respected, excited and loved all because I was able to demonstrate an added degree of patience.

Wives of the world, how are you challenged when it comes to demonstrating patience to your husband?  Have you had to change the course of your day to shift to what was more important to your husband?  If so, were you or are able to do it in a way that is honorable to him?  Please share your story, we would love to learn from you.

Rochelle
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Col. 3:12
Click on comments below to share your story with us.

2 comments:

ronmar said...

Hello

Patience is word we sometimes forget. We were out driving and someone had cut in front and boy does that get him stewed but I had to put down my book and tell him to be patient and calm because the last time he was not patient he damaged his car trying to go around and he hit it on the curb and messed the bottom of his car, so I had to remind him of that little incident.

Rochelle said...

Hey Ronmar, Good for you for keeping your patience in that situation and reminding him to hold on to his as well. Thanks so much for sharing. Rochelle