Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 31 - Honoring My Husband With Prayer

As a woman of God, praying for my husband is something that comes quite naturally.  As an entrepreneur his commute is over 120 miles roundtrip so, it is a daily prayer of mine to ask the Lord to protect his comings and goings and to part the highways and byways like the Red Sea keeping him out of harm's way.  I also pray for covering over his business, his mind and his spirit.

I am a frequent listener of Family Life Ministries.  I love the stories, guidance and words of wisdom they provide.  I recently stumbled upon a document of theirs that was a little more prescriptive about lifting one's husband through prayer.  I was quite intrigued and elated by the topics and the supporting scripture.  Below are several of the areas listed.  My hope is that you will use similar prayers to seek covering for your husband and to honor him with prayer.

Lord, thank you for my husband.  I ask your will for him in these things, according to your Word.

Fill my husband with love for you, that he would love you "with all [his] heart and with all [his] mind." 
Matthew 22:37

Place his "delight...in the law of the Lord" (Psalm 1:21) and "open [his] eyes that [he] may behold wondrous things out of your law" (Psalm 119:18) Give him understanding (Psalm 119:73).

Compel him to pray continually (1st Thessalonians 5:17) so that he'll live and walk by your Spirit (Galatians 5:25).

Empower him to "run with endurance the race that is set before [him]" and to focus on pleasing you (Hebrews 12: 1-2).

Equip my husband with strength and wisdom to  lead, that he would be "strong and very courageous," and that he may be successful wherever he goes (Joshua 1:7).

Guide him in using wisely all the resources you've given us, keeping an eternal perspective about possessions (Matthew 6:19-21, Luke 16:10-12).

Flood him with peace and faith (Isaiah 26:3).

Today I honor my husband with prayer.  As the Lord says, and this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 1st John 5:14.  I honor my husband with prayer because I know the Lord is mighty

Wives of the world, in what ways do you or can you honor your husband with prayer? My hope is that you will incorporate these prayers as part of what you do to provide covering over your husband and my single lady friends I encourage you to use it to pray over the husband the Lord is preparing for you.

 Rochelle

I will spread out my hands in prayer to the LORD (Exodus 9:29).  He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him. 1st Chronicle 5:20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rochelle,

Love this post. You can't say enough about the importance of prayer and I so agree with the last part regarding us single women. "The Prayer of a righteous woman availeth much". Prayer sows seeds into someone's life. Prayer is a covering and keeps the heart strong.

Michelle C.
PS- I've been trying to post comments but don't know why they aren't seen.