Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 40 - Honoring My Husband Through Sifting


Mrs. Anderson's 5-Cup Stainless-Steel Crank Flour Sifter
Sifting life's impurities for a refined soul.
 The Lord is good and the Lord is mighty and surely he is worthy to be praised.  I cannot believe it has already been 40 days of honoring my husband and sharing my posts with the world.  Thus far it has been quite the enlightening journey.  It was not until preparing to write my post today that it dawned on me that the correlation between 40 days of fasting and a year of honoring my husband is quite similar. 

Prior to taking my trip to Amsterdam I fasted for 40 days.  I wanted to prepare myself for a mighty move of God and I wanted to be open to his presence, the environment and experience their culture in all its wonder.  While I was there, I realized that my senses where heightened to a degree I do not consciously recall ever experiencing.  My sense of taste, touch, sight, smell and hearing allowed me to experience that city at another level of awareness. 

This past Sunday, we had a guest preacher at our church and he talked about God's sifting process.  He used the analogy of a flour sifter and explained it is the same process the Lord uses when he is refining us to be more like Jesus.  When I think about the process of fasting and how it is a sifting process, cleansing us of life's impurities and bringing us closer to God and then I think about this process the Lord has assigned to me; I realized, it too is a sifting process.  The Lord is sifting me of all the impurities that need to be cleansed to be more like him, more of the wife he would have me to be and more of the relational life he wants Bryan and I to have.  The concept of this is almost overwhelming to me.  I feel honored that the Lord chose me for such a time as this and for such an assignment as this. I feel truly blessed because of it.

Today I am honoring my husband through sifting.  I am honoring my husband through sifting in celebration of what the Lord is doing to me and through me, for us.  Because the Lord gave me a glimpse of his sifting process last night, I am honoring Bryan through sifting by acknowledging to him what the Lord has already done and what I hope he will continue to do through this journey.  I am honoring him through sifting because I know it will continually leave me with my senses heightened to new levels that will allow me to experience our love at a different level. 

A friend of mine recently asked me if this movement is intended to be a way of life, my response, absolutely.  I know it is already becoming a way of life for me and I hope for those who come along for the ride, it will be for you as well. As the Pastor explained, when the Lord takes us through the sifting process he is shaking away those things that are not of him and what emerges is the new us.  This transformation is intended to be for life.  My hope is that I become unconsciously competent about honoring my husband every day in every way the Lord intends.  So I say to the Lord, sift away, as I know a more refined and better me will emerge.

Wives of the world, in what way is the Lord sifting you to honor your husband?  What impurities are you hoping the Lord will sift away as you spend the year honoring him by honoring your husband? Please share your story with us, we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"There's still a lot of rubble to sift through The Lord is not done with me yet."

No comments: