Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 28 - Honoring My Husband Through Friendship

Today I am honoring my husband through friendship.  There is nothing like having someone to share your innermost secrets, joys and accomplishments.  Today I had the pleasure of two great accomplishments; I secured a new client, received a fellowship grant award for school and just about secured another client.  I was so excited and could not wait to share the news with Bryan because that's what friends do.

I tried calling Bryan, but he was hanging out on a roof and could not get my call.  When we finally connected, it was so nice to hear the excitement in his voice as he joined me as any friend would in my excitement.  Today, I honor my husband through friendship because he was there for me as only a friend could be.  As our conversation continued, we shared a few other experiences of the day and had a great conversation filled with intellect, great laughter and healthy debate.  I hung up the phone with the warm and fuzzy in anticipation of seeing him this evening.

Wives of the world, how do you honor your husband through friendship?  In what ways do you share friendship like qualities to stay connected in a way that only friends can?  How can you honor your husband through friendship today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

“Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, ‘The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.’” 1st Samuel 20:42  - I love this scripture for it so speaks to the friendship and the three fold cord of marriage, you, him and God in the middle and the uniting of two families.  Awesome!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Rochelle,

I love all of your posts to your blog. Although I'm not married your blog is enriching me in ways that are hard to convey in words. If I look at marriage as the building I'd say that friendship is the foundation that keeps it solid and grounded. Couples need to be friends first because a solid friendship between mates will assist in tough times. When I think of a friend it's someone who you can be yourself with no judgement. Someone you can let your hair down with and share a part of yourself in safety.

Thanks for your great work your doing in the blog!! Keep up the good work!

Michelle

Michelle said...

Hey Rcohcelle

Great job on the blog!!! I'm so enjoying every post!!!! Although I'm not married your posts have enriched me in ways I cannot convey in words. I believe that every good marriage has to start with a good friendship. If marriage is the house then friendship is the foundation that keeps the union strong and solid. When I think of being friends with my mate I would want to be able to be myself, be transparent and share parts of myself that I've never shared with anyone and extend the same to him. Friendship should offer a safe place to open up spaces in your heart and soul and feel safe doing it. A solid marriage requires a solid friendship.

Again - Great job!!!

Michelle C.