Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 33 - Honoring My Husband Through Engagement

It never cease to amaze me how the Lord facilitates the resource of time to help us meet the intended need.  Today I am honoring my husband through  engagement.  My husband loves the idea of celebrating with his closest family members and his family loves to celebrate birthdays.  Today we took part in the celebration of his cousin who turned 72.  When he originally told me about the celebration it was to start at 6:00 pm, however today, the day of the event he called at 3:15 PM to let me know the start time was actually at 4:30 PM.

I really wanted to and had planned on attending, however, we live over an hour away and I was not yet prepared to go and I was quite tired.  My plans were to take a nap before heading out for the celebration.  When I realized I had no time to take a nap, my body was saying you need to stay home.  I knew how important this was to Bryan, as it was one of his favorite cousin's.  Although he let me off the hook by saying he understood I was not ready and would probably not make it, with the help of the Lord I pulled off a miracle.  I called upon the Lord and asked what to do.  I took a 20 minute power nap, got dressed and made it to meet him by 5:10 PM.  As the Lord would have it, the dinner got pushed back to the original start time of 6:00 PM so we were able to be there for the full event.

I am still amazed at how the Lord orchestrated everything and responded to my call for help.  I could not believe the energy I felt after such a short nap and that I was able to take a nap, get dressed and be out of the house within 50 minutes.  Those who know me well, know a miracle was truly performed.  I know Bryan was quite elated and shocked when I told him I was on my way. 

Today I honored my husband with engagement because I knew how important it was for him to be there for his cousin's celebration. I honored him with engagement by showing up to support the event.  I honored him because I knew how much he really wanted me to be there even though he gave me an out.  I am so happy I called upon the Lord to help make it happen and I was able to be there.  We had a great time and it was nice to see Bryan enjoying himself amongst family.

Wives of the world, how do you honor your husband through engagement?  In what ways do you engage yourself in activities for him even when it may be a stretch to make it happen?  Please share your story with us so we can learn from you. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

Be ever engaged, so that whenever the devil calls he may find you occupied. St. Jerome

No comments: