Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 17 - Honoring My Husband With A Note To God

I feel so blessed to have been chosen by the Lord for such a journey as this.   I feel his presence more than ever every minute of the day as he speaks to my heart about the direction he would have me to go and as he leads me to the place of need in my spiritual growth, my marriage and my husband.  It has been absolutely awesome! 

Today I honored my husband with a note to God.  Prior to Bryan and me meeting, I had a dear friend tell me I needed to write a letter to God about the kind of man I wanted to marry.  At the time, I was very focused on my career and not really concerned about getting married.  She kept prodding me so finally I did it.  I wrote the letter, filed it away and forgot about it.  Well, as the Lord would have it, three months later I met Bryan and three months after that the Lord reminded me of what I had written.  To my surprise, everything I had written described Bryan to a tea and to make a long story short, I will just say, and the rest is history.

Today, in honoring my husband with a note to God, I am calling on the Lord with intentionality about my request.  Yesterday my husband shared with me a very good friend of his had gotten a divorce because his wife no longer wanted to be married.  He was shocked, disappointed and saddened by this news.   As he put it, "I don't know of a nicer guy."  He began to share how he has received such news of late about several friends and associates and I could see in his eyes how it impacted him.  Since starting this blog, I too have been surprised and saddened by the number of times I have heard I can't do that, I don't even like my husband.  Fortunately, I have received just as many or even more emails and calls from women excited about the opportunity to honor their husbands.

Today, I honor my husband with a note to God on his behalf.  A note to God asking that he would bless those marriages that are struggling today, asking that he would heal those hearts that are heavy, asking that if anyone that reads this post and feels they are on the path to divorce, that they have a change of heart or at least reconsider the possibilities, or if anyone is experiencing a distance in their relationship that the Lord will bring back the intimacy, life and love to their relationship.  Today, I honor my husband with a note to God on his behalf because I know how sad and burdened he was by the news on yesterday, because I know he was thinking the only thing to do is to call on the name of the Lord, because he wishes nothing but happiness for those close to him that are experiencing sadness in their marriage and because the Lord says when two are gathered, agree and call upon the name of the Lord, it shall be done.

I love the song below by Chanice, called Note to God.  When placed in the context of marriage, I think it is very fitting of what so many may want but just may not know how to ask.  Wives of the world, how can you honor your husband with a note to God? What would your request be?  What would you say on behalf of your husband to honor him and his spirit? 

Rochelle
"The one good thing about not seeing you is that I can write you letters".  ~Svetlana Alliluyeva
                                     
                                           Share your story with us, click on comments to post.