Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 165 Honoring My Husband's Business Acumen

Bryan and I sit on opposite ends of the scale when it comes to how we make decisions.  I make decisions mainly from my heart and he mainly from his head.  Today we had a situation where we needed to work through a situation with a new tenant that will be moving from another state.  I had given the tenant permission to move into the apartment without having all the financials in order and Bryan was not happy with the agreement. 

He proceeded to explain to me the business reasons why I needed to approach the situation from a different perspective.  As he spoke about building a relationship with the tenant and all the other possibilities I had not considered our differences became even clearer to me.  I could literally see how I was sitting on one side of the scale and he on the exact opposite end.  He mentioned to me how I cannot make business decisions from my heart because people are not like me.  I then shared with him how I agreed with his perspective and felt that we needed to use both our head and heart when making a decision but in this particular situation he was correct.  Fortunately Bryan was able to get things straight with the tenant and protect our interest as well.  Today I honored my husband by listening to his business acumen.  He has been in the real estate business for over 20 years and although we sit on different ends of the spectrum when it comes to decisions, I recognize his success has been built on his ability to make good decisions.  Business acumen is defined as keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.  I have come to recognize and appreciate the fact that my husband has incredible business acumen skills when negotiating a situation.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's business acumen?  Do you honor and respect his knowledge in his field of study even if your opinion differs?   Do you trust his knowledge or do you question him even when it is in his area of expertise?  On day 155 I shared the seven revelations and the first was about respect.  Honoring our husband's business acumen is way to demonstrate our respect for their knowledge.  When we question and challenge them in an area that they specialize and know very well, they receive that as disrespect and will probably respond with anger.  On the other hand, when we honor their business acumen it is like depositing money into their emotional bank.  How can you honor his business acumen today? Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Conny said...

That's the neat way we balance each other out - head vs. heart can become head + heart! We each learn a little from the other - and we each protect each other from the dangers we can't see for ourselves. Love that!!