Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 138 Honoring My Husband By Standing in the Gap

Today I had the opportunity to meet several of my husband's family members I had never met before.  The family hosted a last minute family gathering and it was a pretty nice turnout given the time frame.  Saturday is typically a work day for Bryan so he let me know about the cookout and asked if I could get there before him to bring what he committed to contributing.

Our exchange student Maria arrived today so I picked her up and headed to the cookout.  Fortunately the location was on the same driving route for me to go home from the Philadelphia Airport.  As I drove around looking for a place to purchase some drinks, I thought about the role of being a wife and honoring one's husband and it dawned on me that there are so many things a wife is called to do that is honoring of her husband.  Even if it is as simple as standing in the gap when your mate cannot be there.  The question becomes in what way do we hold this great honor.

Today I honored my husband by standing in the gap and being the face of our partnership until he was able to arrive.  As I introduced myself to several people and said hello to those familiar faces I was reminded of my post from Day 78, Honoring My Husband With Representation.  I realized that not only was I standing in the gap, but I was also a representation of him to his family.  As I reflected upon this revelation it dawned on me how pleased and honored I was to serve in this capacity.  From a Christian perspective when we speak about standing in the gap for someone we are serving in intercessory prayer warriors for them.  It also dawned upon me how grateful I am of who the Lord has made both of us to be.  Neither of us have a concern about the other standing in the gap nor representing the other.  Today I am honored to honor my husband by standing in the gap. 

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor your husband's by standing in the gap?  Would he be concerned about the impact if he asked you to take his place at an event or gathering or would he be overjoyed and proud because he knows he can count on you to represent  your partnership according to God?  In what ways can you honor your husband by standing in the gap this month?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap.."
Ezekiel 22:30

No comments: