Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 145 Honoring My Husband by Being Resourceful

This weekend Bryan and I had plans to go to Ocean City, MD for the weekend.  We had both been looking forward to it and we had planned out our travel schedule and discussed some of the activities we were going to enjoy.  This morning I could hear the excitement in Bryan's voice as we discussed what to bring.  We were intended to bring along my niece and our exchange student from Spain. 

Unfortunately, Bryan received a phone call from the person who owns the house we were to be staying and apparently there was some sort of mix up with the dates on their in and the property was doubled booked so we lost out.  Talk about something that takes the wind out of your sails, we were all quite disappointed.  As soon as I got home I went into Plan B mode, searching for alternative accommodations or even possibly an alternative location. 

Today I am honoring my husband with resourcefulness by seeking to find a way to keep our plans alive with a few modifications.  I found a few possibilities for us to decide upon on tomorrow so I am sure we will be able to move forward with enjoying the water this weekend.  Bryan suggested I contact the owner of the house we were originally scheduled to stay and let her know of our disappointment in her mismanagement of the schedule however I believe all things happen for a reason and this just means the Lord has a blessing awaiting us at our final destination.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's by being resourceful?  How can you help keep his spirits high today by finding an alternative to something gone awry?  The greatest part about someone else causing your plans to change is the awareness that there are no coincidences. If something has fallen through it just means God has another door opened that has something more fitting for your needs, desires and wants than what you may have planned.  I cannot wait to see what God has in store.  Please share your stories with us; as we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Change brings opportunity." Nido Qubein

No comments: