Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 161 Honoring My Husband With A Detour

God's detours always lead to the
intended journey.
Wow! We had an amazing trip home from Canada and it was quite refreshing and filled with the love of  Jesus.  As we headed towards the U.S. we saw a sign that stated there was a 1 to 2  hour delay ahead on the highway so I detoured my GPS which directed us away from the traffic.  However we were able to get an unexpected second glance at the beautiful Niagara Falls.  Once we crossed the border, two hours into our journey we came across another sign that said there were major delays ahead and suggested drivers to take an alternate route.  So once again I detoured my GPS to avoid the traffic delay we experienced at the beginning of our journey.

As we journeyed along this unfamiliar road I was amazed at the scenic beauty of God's creation and our beautiful country.  I was nearly breathless at our surroundings and kept saying thank you Jesus for the diversion.  Twice in the same day a detour had taken us to the beauty of the Lord's creations.  The picturesque scenery reminded me of how God is always surrounding us. 

As we continued to drive we noticed it seemed we were on the trails of heavy rains and began to thank God for the clearance.  Just a few minutes later it began to rain lightly and we noticed this incredible rainbow across the sky.  It was absolutely striking.  I do not recall seeing such a rainbow since childhood and had to take a picture.  I became overwhelmed with joy as I reflected upon all the natural beauty we had experienced in one day without planning any of it.  I could not help but feel the love of the Lord running deep in my spirit. 

Soon after seeing the rainbow we drove right into the heavy rains, however I was not fazed by it because the Lord had already shown us the beauty that comes after the storm.  Today I honored my husband by taking a detour.  As we detoured on the highway I began thinking about how sometimes a detour can open the door to the beauty within a marriage that has not yet been discovered.  I could not wait to get home because I realized we had already detoured our dinner plans for Monday evening to Thursday because I knew we would not be home until very late.  I am excited about what the Lord is going to do.  I truly believe my experience today was a preview of what's to come on Thursday.  I also believe the Lord was reminding me of all the beauty that currently exists and he is using this process (the blog) to wash away any rubble that may be blocking aspects of the full rainbow of love. 

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband with a detour?  How do you handle things when the path you had planned to take is redirected or has to change?  Are you open and receiving of detours or are you frustrated by them?  Have you blocked any wonderful blessings as a result of refusing to take a different route?  How can  you honor your husband today with a detour?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle


3 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Nice post:) I am not married, so I have no husband honoring story to tell you. However, I am happily married to Jesus,so you can visit my blog to see the many twists, turns, and shades of our love story.

Alida Sharp said...

What a great purpose for a blog. May God honor all of your efforts as you continue to honor your husband all the days of your lives together. My husband and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary in December. And the reason we are still together is our life in Him!

joy & blessings,
Alida

Rochelle said...

Thank you Toyin and Alida for your kinds words. I'm glad you were impacted by the blog.

Alida congratulations on your upcoming 30 year anniversary. What a blessing you two have in each other. Rochelle