Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 160 Honoring My Husband By Staying Close

Bryan decided he did not want to take the trip to Canada so for the past several days we have been apart.  Today as I read Our Daily Bread, the topic was Stay Close.  It told a story about a person being frazzled in the airport and the attendant telling her to stay close to her friend.  As I read the story and the closing comments I realized staying close goes beyond walking side by side with someone but it also applies when there is distance between you and the one you love.  Today I am honoring my husband by staying close.

Although we are apart we have been staying connected by texting each other on a pretty regular basis. We made the decision to limit our calls because of the international calling rates.  Unfortunately there is no calling plan for Canada if you are from the U.S.  As we communicated via text I was able to feel his presence in a way that allowed me to enjoy him from afar.  It also made the time we spoke just that more special.  Today I honored my husband by staying close in spirit. The caption at the end of the Daily Bread today stated, "Staying close to godly friends helps us to stay close to God."  This was a reminder to me about how honoring my husband is a way to honor my God.  I just love how God orchestrates things to remind us how our focus is to always be on doing his work, his way

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor you husband's by staying close?  How do you stay connected to your husband when you are not together?  Do you approach staying close to your husband like you approach staying close to God?  What are the possibilities if you did?  How can you honor your husband and God by staying close today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Comfort each other and edify one another." 1 Thes 5:11

No comments: