Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 150 Honoring My Husband With A Session

It has been interesting to me how Bryan and I have allowed our sex life to be on the back burner the past couple of weeks.  Since the arrival of Maria we have been crazy busy and have neglected each other in that way.  It seems life has just been getting in the way.  Today I was to leave to head to D.C. for school.  As I prepared to leave it dawned on me that I had the power to change this dynamic so I made the decision not to go to DC until the next day.  Today I would be honoring my husband with a session.

I have a friend who calls it a "session" whenever her and her husband are pleasing each other in the way the Lord intended.  Today it was my pleasure to honor my husband in this manner.  What was interesting to me is that Bryan mentioned he wondered if I would leave for the weekend without handling my wifely duties.  He had no intention to mention to me how he felt about it yet he had it in the back of his mind.  I am so glad we were on the same page.  I had a very good friend that specializes in marital counseling once say to me when I used to travel a lot that I needed to make sure I loved my husband up before and after my trip no matter what because he needed to know he was first and foremost in my life.  Today I honored my husband with a session.  In honoring him with a session I was also honoring my self.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband with a session to ensure he does not get the crazies when there has been too much time between sessions?  Do you pay attention to the lapse in time or do you leave it up to your  husband to ensure you are having sessions in a timely manner?  I was surprised when Bryan mentioned to me that we had gone almost 10 days, I think that is a record for us since being married except when I have been out of town.  In what ways can you make the necessary changes to honor your husband tonight with a session?  He would absolutely love your initiative.  Please share your stories or any great secrets with  us; as we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle


"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your love is more delightful than wine." Song of Sol. 1:2

No comments: