Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 156 Honoring My Husband As A Lover Wife

Stay tuned for more to come on being a lover wife.  Thank you for your patience. 

Hello wives of the world, in my quest to learn more about honoring my husband I came across another book that had some interesting tidbits.  One of them was about the concept of being a lover wife which meant to go beyond the normal duties of being a wife and taking on the role of being a romantic instead of waiting for our husband's to do such.

I found this interesting given the revelations I posted on Day 155.  There were several principles for being a lover wife but the one that caught my attention was about the house being his house too.  Bryan has always referred to our home as my house.  When we purchased it almost 10 years ago we agreed that I would be responsible for decorating the two main floors and he would do the basement.  I recently decided I want to repaint the kitchen and Bryan is not happy with my choice.  My response to him was that the kitchen is "my kitchen" and since I do all the cooking I should be able to choose the experience I would like to have while I am creating my mini masterpieces (smile). 

After reading the concept about being a "Lover Wife" I realized that I was not honoring my husband in this capacity.  The author spoke about allowing our husband's to have their space in the home, so if he wants something to be a certain way, to allow it.  If he has a space that he calls his own and we are not happy with its presence, so be it.  I thought Wow!, this is a tough one for me.  Bryan and I are opposites in this area.  I am the neat freak and he is the not so neat one.  I like things to be in their place and have learned over the years not to allow some things to bother me.  However, there are some things like clothes on the floor or papers in a place they do not belong that I have not yet settled to be okay in my spirit.  I had not considered this an area where I am not honoring my husband as an equal partner in our home. 

On this day I honored my husband by considering in what ways I can be a Lover Wife in this arena.  I also considered how do I reframe the concept of honoring my husband by sharing in the presence of our home.  This is something I never considered taking to the Lord but as I ponder on it, I know I will need to release it.  When things are too out of order, according to my standards, I feel like the visual noise is so loud I cannot concentrate.  It is hard for me to focus and to think creatively.  I am now wondering how to have balance in this area without it being too much of a challenge.

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor your husband by being a "Lover Wife"?  Do you consider your house to be just that, your house?  How much say does  your husband have in the orderliness of your home?  Have you, like me, not considered that your husband needs to have an emotional attachment to your home just as we do as wives?  I had not yet today I have a totally different perspective.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands."Alexandra Penney 

No comments: