Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 147 Honoring My Husband With Laughter


Laughter the gateway to the soul!
 Today I honored my husband with laughter.  We had planned to return home early today from our mini  vacation, but everyone was having such a good time we decided to extend our stay another evening.  As it seems to be the case lately, I had two projects that needed to be completed so I was up late into the evening and spent a good portion of the morning working on it while Bryan, Jelissa and Maria enjoyed the beach and boardwalk.

This evening we took a trip over to Ocean City, New Jersey to enjoy the boardwalk and had a great time.  I could not believe how much time we spent just laughing.  Bryan is quite the comedian so he was the source of most of our laughter and we had a great time laughing at the events of the evening.

Today I honored my husband with laughter because it is such a healthy dose of  healing for the soul. I came across a great article by Frank Pasquet that talked about the Joy of Laughter.  He lists the following benefits of laughter:

1. Laughter's effect on your body - Laughter literally helps your body heal.
2. Laughter and the mind -  Happy thoughts leads to a more positive outlook on life.
3. Strengthening your inner being - Laughter causes your inner being to be emotionally and physically  
strengthened,
4. Boosting your spirits - Laughter causes a lift in your spirit.

I especially enjoyed reading the one directly related to relationships, it stated the following:

5. Laughter and Your Relationships

When two people share a funny story or a silly situation arises between two people, there’s a unique bonding that is created. Something special is formed between the two that only they can relate with. It’s an inside joke that is special to those who’ve shared in the moment.

When two people spend a lot of time together in laughter, a stronger, more ever-lasting relationship develops.


In a marriage, studies show couples that laugh together stay together much longer, if not for life. Think about a truly happy couple you know. Sure, every family has their issues and marriage takes work, but chances are they spend a lot of time laughing together. This doesn’t happen by accident either. It can be created and fostered!  When you choose to embrace laughter, you’ll be able to get through many more rough spots in life and come out a happier and healthier person.


Life can be tough, so why not choose to make it more joyous? You can if you choose to.
Always try to find joy in every situation and laugh as often as possible each and every day. Also, by spending more time around positive people, who love life and love to laugh, you’ll be amazed at how you begin to feel on the inside and out!

Wives of the world in what ways can you or have you honored your husband's with laughter?  A while back I had to have abdominal surgery.  After the surgery the doctor told my family to make me laugh as much as possible because it would help heal and strengthen my abdominal muscles much quicker.  I can recall them coming in and telling all kinds of jokes to keep me laughing.  It was quite painful yet I knew it was for my benefit so I endured it. 

I am a true testament of how laughter can help heal the body and lift the spirit, as my surgery was due an ectopic pregnancy which was quite disappointing and emotionally painful.  The laughter helped me to not only heal physically but also to heal emotionally.  Be of cheer to your husband today and be intentional about honoring him with laughter.  It could be the one thing he needs to lift his spirits and heal his soul for the day. Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live."
"The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter."
Authors unknown

No comments: