Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 155 Honoring My Husband With Revelations

When the Lord placed it upon my heart to begin this journey I pulled out all the books I had been purchasing over the years about marriage.  I have come to realize I am somewhat of a natural researcher when it is a topic of great interest.  I recently pulled out one of those books to get a reminder about its key concepts.  As the book is based on research of 800 men and it has been statistically verified.  The book is called "For Women Only" by Shaunti Fieldhahn and it is about what we as women need to know about the inner lives of our men.

What I love about the book is its simplicity.  She speaks of seven revelations that emerged from her research.  Today I am honoring my husband by acknowledging and being consciously aware of these revelations to understand how they can make a difference in our lives. They are as follows:

1.  "Men need respect" -   Men would rather feel unloved than inadequate and disrespected.
2.  "Men are insecure:  - Despite their "in control" exterior, men often feel like imposter's and are insecure that their inadequacies will be discovered.

3.  "Men are providers" - Even if you personally make enough income to support the family's lifestyle, it would make no difference to the mental burden he feels to provide.

4.  "Men want more sex" - Your sexual desire for your husband profoundly affects his sense of well being and confidence in all areas of his life.

5.  "Men are visual" - Even happily married men struggle with being pulled toward live and recollected images of other women.

6.  "Men are unromantic clods" - Actually, most men enjoy romance (sometimes in different ways) and want to be romantic -- but hesitate because they doubt they can succeed.

7.  "Men care about appearance" - You don't need to be a size 3, but your man does need to see you making the effort to take of yourself-and he will take on significant cost or inconvenience in order to support you.

As I read through these revelations my first thought was well I pretty much already know most of  this, however was not necessarily aware of how they all play out in action.  I also love the idea that the author states the book is for women and can help us help ourselves instead of trying to change our mates.  "The more we understand the men in our lives, the better we can support and love them in the way they need to be loved."  So basically, the revelations are to change and improve us. 

Today I am honoring my husband with these seven revelations and the key concepts behind each one of them.  Join me as I dissect each one of them over the course of the next few weeks and share my insights with you. 

Wives of the worlds in what way can you honor your husband's with these seven revelations?  As you review each one of them, which one would make a significant difference in your relationship?  How cab you honor your husband with these revelations beginning today?  Please share your stories with us; as we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

 "Revelations are like breaths of fresh air on a summer day.  They allow us to see and experience our presence with enlightened senses."

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Your husband is a fortunate man.
I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.