Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 146 Honoring My Husband With Enjoyment

Praise be to God! As I noted on yesterday our original plans for the weekend got hijacked and we had to determine exactly what we were going to do.  We had been very much looking forward to spending time away and we had our 16 year old exchange student and our 15 year old niece that were both looking forward to the weekend and more importantly the beach. 

I stayed up late last night searching the Internet to determine the best course of action.  I was able to find a great hotel in Ocean City, New Jersey and thought it would be the perfect location.  Bryan and I visited there last year and were quite impressed.  However in the morning Bryan said he really wanted to stay on the beach.  As God would have it we were able to find a hotel with a great rate, a great view and a great location on the beach in Atlantic City, NJ.  At the end of the day what was originally a disappointment turned into a great blessing.  We had a great time today.  It was a first visit for both my niece Jelissa and Maria our exchange student from Spain.  It was really awesome to see things through their eyes.  The blessing was because of the proximity of Atlantic City and Ocean City, NJ we are able to visit both.  God always has a better plan.

Today I honored my husband with enjoyment.  Turns out the location was better as we would not have been directly on the beach in MD and the amusement and entertainment does not compare to Atlantic City.  Today I honored my husband with enjoyment by just allowing things to unfold throughout the day and we went where the spirit led.  I love it when things work out for the better.  God truly does always know best.

Wives of the world in what way can you honor your husband with enjoyment?  In the book I am reading, Improv Wisdom, the author, Patricia Ryan Madson has a principle called don't prepare.  She states "trust your imagination; trust your mind, allow yourself to be surprised."  Today this principle was put into effect for me because I typically do have an indication about what we are going to do and today we just got in the car and said we will let the day take us where it may.  This ended up with many surprises and lots of enjoyment.  How can you honor your husband with enjoyment by just allowing the spirit to guide you wherever it may?  Please share  your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The test of enjoyment is the remembrance which it leaves behind."

No comments: