Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 149 Honoring My Husband By Rejuvenating

Rejuvenation frees the mind and spirit.
The past couple of weeks have been quite challenging for me.  I love having our exchange student with us for the month, she brings such joy.  However I did forget about the time commitment that comes with the visit.  Fortunately she is 16 and self sufficient yet I still feel very compelled to make sure her visit is enjoyable and meets the intended expectation.  This meant adding on additional responsibilities for both me and Bryan and it felt non-stop this past couple of weeks.

Today I am honoring my husband by rejuvenating.  I always know when he is feeling the time we are spending together is not enough for him.  On the heals of our weekend I had two classes to teach, one on Tuesday and one tonight.  I came home and crashed.  I was so tired I fell asleep at the table.  Fortunately I was able to get a great nights sleep to fully rejuvenate and spend some good quality time with Bryan.

Wives of the world in what way do you or can you honor your husband by rejuvenating?  Rejuvenation allows us to be the attentive, fully present wives we need to be.  I'm looking forward to the blessing rejuvenation brings.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul." Psalm 23:1-3

No comments: