Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 153 Honoring My Husband With Communications

This weekend I was away at school and it was another great weekend filled with learning.  By the end of the day on Sunday I am typically pretty tired but excited about spending the evening with Bryan.  We got out a little early so I headed straight back home.  To my surprise he had decided to attend a reggae concert with a friend.  I was quite disappointed but then thought I could get some rest until he return but it turned out I could  not rest because I did not have the keys I needed,

I was somewhat disappointed but then I realized Bryan had no way of knowing my intentions.  I usually return much later in the afternoon on the weekends I am at school and I had not communicated to him the intent to leave early.  The great lesson for me was to ensure I get the information to him in a timely manner so he can make whatever adjustments necessary. 

Today I am honoring my husband with the commitment of early communications.  It would have been so easy for me to get upset with him for not being around when I got out of school but that would have been a waste of energy and time as he had no idea of my change in schedule.  He also had no idea of how I wanted to spend the afternoon so I am honoring him by committing to early communications so we are both clear on intent and expectations.

Wives of the world in what way can you or do you honor your husband's with communications?  How often do you have misunderstandings because of the lack of communications or miscommunicated expectations?  We sometimes believe our spouse should know what we expect or intend just because it is what we may want or need.  Our husband's are not in our heads; they have absolutely no way to know our intent or expectations if we have not shared them.  How can you honor your husband today with clarity of communications to avoid you and him future disappointment?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Communication is important; it links the hearts of two, together, making them understand what each other means." Source Unknown


2 comments:

MLP aka SHAMEL said...

OMG, this is so wonderful to witness. Thank you for keeping the family unit together. I come from a single parent home and I truly missed my dad not being around as a youth. He passed away this year.

Men are like leave me alone I don't feel like talking kind of guys Well. at least that's how I feel because I like to think to myself often. This is my time to interact and keep in touch with myself. However, your right communication is key but everything has it's time and place. God bless!

Shamel

Rochelle said...

Shamel,

Thank you for your comments and sharing of your story. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad as well. You are correct most men do not like to open up and I have found with my husband the key was to start slowly, ask good questions, stay curious the most sincere manner and allow him to share in a way that mattered to him. I hope you continue to find value as I share my daily story about honoring my husband.

Rochelle