Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 159 Honoring My Husband With The Flow of Energy


What is the flow of your energy
creating in your marriage?
 Today my sister Rhonda, niece Jelissa and exchange student, Maria had a great time in Toronto seeing the  sites.  One of the events we attended was a 3D movie about waves.  As I watched the movie and listened to the narrator talk about how energy is the driving force that creates very large waves; I thought about the amount of energy that must be needed to create a tsunami.  I then turned my thoughts to energy in marriage.  Today I am honoring my husband with the flow of energy by recognizing the power of what it can create.

In my field of work we learn how to pay attention to and follow the energy in a room.  We say the energy will direct us to where we need to focus.  On Day 100, I wrote about how our energy follows us wherever we go.  Today I reflected on the concept of energy as a force so powerful it can create waves of over 30 feet.  As I pondered on this I began to think about the possibilities of what can be created in a marriage if the energy of both parties is directed in the same direction.  I thought about couples like President and Michelle Obama, Will and Jada Smith, Ralph and Ricky Lauren. Each of these couples is a force to be reckoned with and have as a couple used the flow of their energy together to create something wonderful.

When Bryan and I were considering sharing our lives together, someone shared with us that if we capitalized on each other's strengths we could conquer the world together.  I had a pretty good understanding of what he was speaking but there was something about watching huge waves being formed and considering the possibilities of what the force of energy can do in a marriage.  Today I am honoring my husband by considering the flow of our energy.  What could we create if everyday our energy was directed in the same direction in all areas?  I also considered how it feels when our energy is not aligned.  Depending upon the force it can feel like two waves crashing into each other.  Today forward I will be considering the flow of energy in our marriage and the direction I would like it to take and take action accordingly.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's with the  flow of energy?  Does your husband experience the flow of your energy aligned with his or does he feel like he's living with a perpetual tsunami?  If you were to consider your energy as weather, what would be the average forecast?  Are you like the Caribbean sea with pretty constant weather and a thunderstorm here and there, are you like the Northeast states with four predictable seasons, are you like Seattle, Washington with more rain than sunshine or are you like the Hawaiian island where you can be counted on to have pretty much the same temperature just about every day of the year no matter what else is happening around you?  Whatever the flow of your energy, make a choice today to honor your husband with the flow of your energy being more aligned with his.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The energy of the mind is the essence of life." Aristotle

"The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have." Norman Vincent Peale 

No comments: