Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 157 Honoring My Husband With Pleasant Thoughts

Yesterday was a day full of fun, adventure, excitement, patience and pleasant thoughts.  I took Maria to New York City yesterday in route to Niagara Falls, Canada.  A trip that normally takes 2 hours took over 4 and a trip that should have taken 7 hours took 10.  We spent a lot of time sitting in traffic and on the road yesterday due to accidents. 

I was disappointed when I was not able to make my post yesterday because of sitting in traffic well beyond midnight but it gave me time to just explore many pleasant thoughts about my marriage.  I do a lot of reading about remaining in the present moment.  So yesterday I was able to stay in the present moment by figuring out how to use my time and my mind during the moments of just sitting.   I typically call on the Lord and ask, What is an appropriate use of both?  Yesterday it was a time of reflection on what has transpired over the past several months since beginning this blog. 

Yesterday I honored my husband by meditating on pleasant thoughts that kept me occupied with a smile on my face while we sat in traffic for way too many hours.  Something I probably would not have done otherwise so I am grateful for the opportunity. 

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor your husband with pleasant thoughts?  What do you think about when you have an opportunity to ponder on your marriage?  Do you think about all the things your husband is not that you want him to be or do you think about all the great things he does or tries to do for you and your family?  I love the line in the movie Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts says "It is easier to remember the bad things."  I love that line because it is a constant reminder to me to always think about and remember the good because what we think about controls how we feel.  If we think about the bad our husband's do we will feel bad and if we think about the good, we will feel good about them and ourselves.  What pleasant thoughts can you bring to mind that will change (for the good) how you feel about your husband today.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Our thoughts guide our feelings and our feelings guide our actions." Wade Dyer

1 comment:

Conny said...

:) As I've been told & remind myself often: God is in the delays (ie the traffic, the canceled appointment, and other obstacles that could potentially hinder us from moving as quickly as we want to!). Glad you were able to use the opportunity to focus on what is important instead of fume about something you can't change anyway!