Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 143 Honoring My Husband With Obedience

Praise be to God, I am back in business and able to fully share how I the Lord is leading me to honor my husband each and every day.  It has been an interested couple of days trying to post what I could from my blackberry, nonetheless I am glad to be back on the board.

Today I am honoring my husband with obedience.  I have been spending the last several weeks preparing for an upcoming session I have to facilitate at my church this coming weekend for our new ministry leaders.  One of the lessons is about limits and boundaries, something I have been quite challenged with regarding my work in ministry.  Today I am honoring my husband with obedience by taking a look at how I can better establish boundaries to ensure I am living a more balanced life.

My counterpart that is helping me with the program made an interesting observation.  He noted that we were both being chastised by our spouses for the time we are putting into the project and the impact it is having at home.  He noted how we are seemingly becoming casualties of the very lessons we are trying to teach our church leaders.  This was quite the eye opener for me.  So today I am honoring my husband by being obedient to his request and to the lessons from John Maxwell about being a good leader at home, work and in ministry.

Wives of the world in what ways are you or can you be more obedient to your husband's?  Are you challenged with staying balanced and keeping all the balls in the air while home is taking a back seat? What can you do today to be more obedient to your husband?  Please share your stories with us we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Obedience is greater than sacrifice."

No comments: