Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 163 Honoring My Husband As Lover Wife Pt. II

On day 156 about honoring my husband by being a "lover wife" however I did not share all the concepts as noted by the author that fully makes up a "lover wife." Debra White Smith in the book Romancing Your Husband notes 15 things a wife must do to be in the role of a lover wife and not a mother wife, waiting wife or enabling wife.  Today I am honoring my husband by taking on those concepts I am not already practicing.  She states a lover wife....
  • Allows her husband to be a man.
  • Doesn't criticize or demean him.
  • Treats him as her equal.
  • Doesn't expect her husband to be a domestic genius but appreciates what he does.
  • Bases her respect on her man's character, not on his performance.
  • Doesn't nag.
  • Views herself as her husband's equal.
  • Sees the home as belonging equally to her husband and herself.  She respects her man as an equal owner and allows him to be himself and have control of his stuff in his own home.
  • Does everything in her power to enable her man in all areas.
  • Lovingly voices her respect for domestic help, then gives her husband the space and grace to do it the way he wants.
  • Never complains about what he has done.
  • Expresses appreciation for every task her husband performs on her behalf.
  • Reminds herself of all he does for her.
  • Allows her mother-in-law to be her husband's mother.
  • Allows her husband to be his mother's son. A lover wife doesn't compete or feel threatened when he spends time with his mother.
After going through the full list, I was pretty proud of myself because I believe I do most of what the author lists.  However I know the best test of our behavior is to ask the recipients. So today I am honoring my husband by offering him the opportunity to let me know how I am doing in each of these areas of being a "lover wife."  It is only through feedback we get to uncover our behavioral blind spots.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband by being a lover wife?  How do you stack up against the list above?  What would your husband say about how you are doing in each area?  Take the list with you on your next date night and hear first hand what your husband thinks.  Please share your stories and learning's with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"And yet I show you a more excellent way." 1st Corin. 12:31

No comments: