Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 152 Honoring My Husband By Checking In

One of the things I was most challenged by when Bryan and I first got married, was the concept of now having to check in or be accountable to someone.  I was well into my 30's when we got married, so of course I was pretty much set in my ways.  I did not like nor did I honor the concept of checking in with my spouse.  To me the idea felt more like control than caring, then one day a light bulb went off.

Although I had not mastered the concept of checking in Bryan got this part pretty easily.  He used to call me whenever he thought he was going to be running extra late or if something came up.  Then one day he did not and I could not reach him.  It was so much out of his norm that I began to worry about what happened.  When he arrived home I learned he  had an issue that came up with his property and because he was out later than normal his phone charge had died.  I realized at that moment how I had been on a regular basis putting him through that very same type of worrying when I decided to hang out at the mall or someplace else and would not call or my phone did not have service.  It taught me a very valuable lesson.  As a result I changed my behavior and began to accept the idea of checking in.

Today I honored my husband by checking in.  I decided to hang out with some classmates at the National Harbor and knew I would be getting in later than normal.   I also knew I did not want Bryan to be concerned about my safety so late in the evening.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's by checking in.  Have you accepted the concept of being accountable to each other and use it as a way to support your love towards each other or do you find it challenging to allow for such a space in your relationship.    I have found that checking in is just another way of communicating I love you and I respect you and do not want to add unnecessary stress into your day.   In  what way can you honor your husband by checking in today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Consider others first."

No comments: