Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 164 Honoring My Husband's Appetite

July has been quite the challenging yet fulfilling month.  It afforded me the opportunity to have a greater appreciation for all the wives that are mothers to young and teenage children.  I am somewhat of a planner and have learned that when you have children in the home, no matter the age, the best laid plans may need some adjusting to be fulfilled. 

I had regained my love of planning meals but they often had to be changed.  Today I honored my husband's appetite.  During the month he has endured many quick fixes, leftovers, store bought and fast food meals so I really wanted to show my appreciation for his patience as I learned how to adjust my schedule to balance the need to manage the home with the addition of one and sometime two teenagers.  I truly loved having Maria and my niece around, their energy brought such joy.  Children teach you so much about yourself and I learned it will take more than a month to adjust our life to the blessing of children the Lord have in store.  The beauty is the lessons are in the challenges. 

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor your husband's appetite?  How often do you cook a meal just for him that you know he will truly love and feel honored when eating it?    I truly enjoyed picking out just the right steak and deciding on just the right seasoning and was delighted to be of service to my husband in this capacity. How can you honor your husband's appetite today?  Is he used to eating meals more fitting for the kids than for him? Please share your stories with us about how you have found balance in this area or your current challenges; we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"It has been said that the secret to a man's heart is his stomach. 
I believe a satisfied appetite is the secret to a romantic evening."

No comments: