Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 228 Honoring My Husband With An Apology

I have come to realize that there are times I am very good at remembering things and others times I  cannot remember what I did 24 hours prior.  Today was one of those days where I experienced the latter of the two.  Yesterday during dinner Bryan and I had a conversation about how we wanted to use some funds we had forthcoming.  Prior to us having this discussion I had made some determinations in my mind as to what would happen to the funds.  Well today when they were realized, I had forgotten the conversation Bryan and I had yesterday so when he shared what was going to happen I began asking a ton of questions.  To my surprise he did not remind me of our conversation on yesterday, he just answered the questions.  It did not dawn on me until later in the day that I had forgotten our prior conversation.  Today I am honoring my husband with an apology I had a major oops moment.
Bryan later called me and shared he wanted to discuss our prior conversation.  I stopped him before he could go further and let him know that I owed him an apology because I had totally forgotten our conversation from the day prior.  What was so interesting to me is that I typically do not forget those kind of conversations but I guess the conversation I had with myself a few days prior was so real for me that it took precedence over the actual conversation that took place.  In any event I am glad the Lord reminded me of the commitment I made which avoided the possibility of frustration for me and Bryan.
Today I honored my husband with an apology because it was the right thing to do.  I could have simply left things as they were and not acknowledge the error of my ways however I know that would not have been the honorable thing to do.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband with an apology?  How do you honor him when you are wrong or have an oops moment?  Do you acknowledge it or do you ignore it?  I love the edict that says character is who you are when no one else is looking, well to me apologizing when you know you were wrong is one way to have your character seen in the light.  What if anything do you need to do to bring your true character to light?  How can you honor your husband with an apology today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift."
Margaret Lee Runbeck

2 comments:

Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations said...

Great post, I am glad I found your blog thanks for the invite. Proverbs 15:23 A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, And a work spoken in due season how sweet it is. I have been married over 20 years and I must say I am always quick to apologize to my husband Freeston weather I am in the wrong or not for me it just settles things and no matter what as a wife I want to always honor my Husband. Has it been easy? no however I have learned over the years to honor God I have to first honor my husband.

Rochelle said...

Thank you so much for your comments and for joining. You are so correct that if we are not honoring your husband's we are not honoring God. I am looking forward to receiving information about your culinary travel vacations. Be blessed.

Rochelle