Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 246 Honoring My Husband by Experiencing God

Several years ago I graduated from a three year discipleship program at my church. One of the books we used was called Experiencing God.  It was intended to help us shift from knowing the word of God to believing and acting upon the word of God.  One day I was perusing a book store and came across a similar book called Experiencing God Together by the same authors.  So of course I could not resist it.  I have had that book for at least four years and came across it this year.  It has some great togetherness lessons for couples to grow in Christ together. 

Today I am honoring my husband by Experiencing God through his word.  It shares the passage Proverbs 2: 1-11 and through this passage I honor my husband today.

My son, if you will receive my sayings,
And treasure my commandments within you
Make your ear attentive to wisdom
Incline your heart to understanding;
For if you cry for discernment,
Lift your voice for understanding;
If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will discern the fear of the Lord,
And discover the knowledge of God.

For the Lord gives wisdom;

From His mouth come knowledge and understanding,
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
Guarding the paths of justice
And He preserves the way of His godly ones.
Then you will discern righteousness and justice
And equity and every good course.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
Discretion will guard you,
Understanding will watch over you.
This passage allows us to know that God desires to give us wisdom and show us His purpose for our lives.  We are to be prepared to receive all that God teaches us through the Holy Spirit. Today I am honoring my husband by Experiencing God's word so I can continue to be clear on his desires for me in honoring Him and my husband.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband by Experiencing  God today?  How do you allow the Lord to speak with you and give you wisdom to be the wife or woman he called you to be?  What can you do to honor the man in your life today by "Experiencing God".  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"For it is God who is working among you both the willing and the working among you for His good purpose." Phil. 2:12-13

2 comments:

Conny said...

I read Experiencing God (Henry Blackaby?) in 1999! I'll never forget ... and probably should read it again!! Didn't know there was a couples version. That's great!

Rochelle said...

Conny, it is a great resource and I am finding the couples version is just as great.