Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 247 Honoring My Husband With Aspirations

In the hands of God our aspirations
are like rocket ships that can sour as
high as we can dream.
Today we had an awesome time in church.  My pastor preached a great sermon out of Colossians.  He  entitled it "A New Me."  It was filled with several intellectual nuggets.  The ones I gravitated towards were:

1)  Once Christ comes in you, you have help.
2)  If you can't fly, just stretch out your wings and let the Holy Spirit carry you.
3)  When there is a new you, you have new aspirations.
4)  There are certain behavior that go with our dreams.
And my absolute favorite was a question:
5) Does your behavior match your dream?

That last question gave me a lift in my spirit.  I immediately began to think about all the things I would like to do and the things I am doing and posed that question to myself.  It then had me thinking about the dream I have for my marriage and how does my behavior match that dream?  I would like to say an emphatic and absolute yes, of course my behavior match the dream I have for my marriage and then God reminded me, if that were the case in every area he would not have assigned me this blog.  Sometimes the truth hurts.  I do know along with heightened awareness about the type of wife the Lord wants me to be he has changed my behavior to be much closer to the dream he has for our marriage.  What is so interesting to me is, if you had asked me a year ago what I thought needed to do to be a better wife, I probably could have given you about 3 - 5 things, certainly not 246 and counting.

The other statement I resonated with was, when there is a new you, you have new aspirations.  I have found that to be very true.  As I come to the end of my very intense school program, I can truly say it was a life changing experience for me.  Imagine being in a laboratory for 28 months where you are not only the scientist learning about the theory but you are also the one being studied.  That is a synopsis of my program, truly intense.  That being said, I have learned a lot which has increased my intellectual capacity in the area I love and now I feel I am filled with aspirations about how to use all this wonderfully new knowledge.  My pastor stated that as you increase in Christ your aspirations also increase and you cannot hang around someone who does not have aspirations when you do.  Today I am honoring my husband with aspirations. 

Anyone that knows Bryan knows that he is filled with aspirations.  I actually asked him the question, "Does your behavior match your dream? And he responded do you really have to ask.  I have to admit it is true, one does not have to ask him that question because there is definitely alignment in that area for him.  It is actually one of the reasons I married him.  I had never met anyone that was so driven, focused and disciplined when it came to building their dream.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with aspirations? Today I am honoring Bryan with aspirations because I want to ensure my behavior does match the dream I have for our marriage.  I also want to ensure that I keep up with him.  My intentions are for us to have a dialogue about how both our behavior line up with the dream we have for our marriage.  It is a conversation we have not had in a long time, so it will be interesting to see what emerges.  How does your behavior match the dream you have for your marriage?  What new aspirations are you carrying around?  If you could see yourself in a mirror every day, would you be proud of your behavioral reflection?  How can you honor your husband with aspirations on today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive s the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3:12 - 14

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. "
 Unknown

No comments: