Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 233 Honoring My Husband's Sweet Tooth


There's nothing like hot chocolate and
chocolate chip cookies to satisfy the
need for a sweet indulgence.
 The past couple of days both Bryan and I had business in the city which is 60 miles south of our home.  Because of this we decided to stay in the city instead of traveling back and forth.  Last night Bryan was kind enough to purchase my favorite Chinese food for dinner.   After dinner he was seriously craving something sweet.  Unfortunately we did not have anything and neither of us felt like hitting the streets again.  Typically when he has a sweet tooth it last for a few days until he gets what he wants or the feeling dissipates.  Today I am honoring my husband's sweet tooth by making his favorite homemade cookies.

He loves warm chocolate chip cookies so I made it a point to make him some and surprise him when he gets home.  My hope is he does not satisfy his sweet appetite prior to returning  home.  I have to give credit to Duncan Hines.  They have the absolute best semi-homemade cookies.  I guess you cannot claim homemade if you do not make the batter from scratch.  Maybe I will have an opportunity to do that when I finish school but I think why ruin a good thing.  Today I honored my husband's sweet tooth although neither of us need to be eating sweets at this time but it is better to indulge every now and then instead of feeling like you are totally giving up something you love.  Otherwise when you get it you will over indulge.

Wives of the world in what way can you honor your husband's sweet tooth?  How do you help him take care of himself yet allow a little indulgence every now and then.  How can you honor his sweet tooth today? Is there something he loves but has not had in a while that would be a great surprise?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  Coincidence?  I think not!"Author Unknown

"A little chocolate is like a love affair - an occasional sweet release that lightens the spirit."
Linda Solegato

1 comment:

Conny said...

The cookies sound good to ME TOO! I'm definitely the one w/ the sweet tooth here. My husband prefers salty. :)
In any case, we can indulge them in whatever treat or meal to make them feel loved. :)

PS Thanks for the reminder about Columbus Day SHOPPING ... I have already put a bug in hubby's ear that we might should go to the nearby outlet malls!!