Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 245 Honoring My Husband Through Discipleship

Today as I completed my scripture reading and devotions it dawned on me that the Lord has entrusted me to help build disciples in his kingdom.  I am the ministry leader for Leadership School at my church.  We have close to 10,000 members and each week the Lord entrusts me to help make our current and emerging leaders more like him.  The vision for the ministry is to have a church full of leaders, leading like Jesus and our mission is to lead like Jesus so our church is a welcoming  home.  Basically our task is to help our leaders become stronger disciples of Christ in their walk and how they lead.

Today one of the statements in my devotional was "Discipleship is built entirely on the supernatural grace of God."  It struck me because I had not thought about it in that context before. I immediately thought about the grace that is needed to be a loving, caring, God fearing, respectful wife.  So often we go through life segmenting our roles, however as Christians our number one role is to be a disciple.  To be an example to others of how to live like Christ especially at home.  This role trumps all others, including being a wife, mother, sister and friend.  Sanctification makes us one with Jesus Christ.  The impact is obedience and service and prayer and the ability to be the example he calls us to be.  Today I am honoring my husband through discipleship because if I am not a good disciple and servant of the Lord I cannot be a good servant wife.  My aha moment today was that as a wife I am to serve as a disciple to my husband.  I do not know why but this was a new aha moment for me.

My devotion lesson went on to say it requires the supernatural grace of God to live twenty-four hours in every day as a saint, to go through drudgery as a disciple, to live an ordinary, unobserved, ignored existence as a disciple of Jesus.  Often times in our many roles, we may experience all of these feelings, however if we stay focused on the goal of Christ, to make us disciples, we can be exceptional in the ordinary things. As a result of this revelation, I have asked Bryan to go along with me on this teaching and learning journey so we will both be going through the lessons in the book we are using for leadership school.  This is my way of bringing home God's word in Matthew 28:19, therefore go and make disciples.  It first starts with me and my home.  I realized the lessons I am teaching at church will be of tremendous value at home.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband through discipleship today?  Are you living a life of congruency?  Do you see your role as a wife as that of a disciple first, wife second?  What changes would you make if you reorganize the org chart of your life so being disciple is on top?  How can you or do you need to honor your husband through discipleship today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28: 19-21

No comments: