Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 232 Honoring My Husband With Admiration

This would have been a piece of cake
if it was all I had to address.
Today was a day of learning for me.  We had to have a tenant removed from one of our properties,    something I truly did not like.  Nonetheless it did have to be done, which left us with a vacant apartment that needed to be cleaned.  On the day of the removal I was there and took a look around to see if it was badly damaged.  I was surprised at how it did not appear to be too much in disarray.  So I mistakenly shared with Bryan that I would clean it to get it ready for showing.  I have to say today I am truly honoring my husband with admiration.

I have another paper to write so I wanted to get an early start on the apartment.  Bryan asked me if I had a few large plastic bags and cleaning material.  I told him yes, and I did, I just did not  know I did not have enough.  I wondered why he asked me the question because I did not think it would take me that long to clean.  Well as I said, today was a day of learning for me.  As I began to clean the apartment I realized that it was going to take a lot longer than I had planned because it was much dirtier than I had remembered.  There is something to be said for what lies beneath the surface.  I spent over 2 1/2 hours cleaning the place and it was not all done when I left.  I do not like to label and judge a person, so I will just say it was an experience for me.  I would be the tub had not been cleaned since we cleaned it before the person became a tenant.

Bryan showed up and I told him the place needed to be fumigated.  So he took care of that and I left.  My husband knows me well so he called me not too long after I left and asked me was I okay.  I gave him a screaming "NO" and said I am not cut out for this kind of work.  It was not the house cleaning, because of course I clean my house all the time, it was the mass amount of dirt, grime, little critters and junk that I could not take.  The thing is, I have cleaned other apartments before, but this one had a little extra spice to it. 

Bryan shared with me that he thought it was a piece of cake relatively speaking and I said you must be kidding.  He then shared with me that normally he would have hire one of his guys to do the heavy lifting before I get in to clean so by the time I arrive I may have to clean the windows, clean the refrigerator and some minor dusting.  This time because "I" said I would do it, he did not have the preliminary cleaning done.  He also said I probably have a much greater appreciation for the work he does and I said absolutely I do but I am in no way cut out for it myself.  He then asked if I wanted him to have someone come in to finish things up.  You can probably guess my response.  How many ways can you say yes please.

Today I am honoring my husband with true admiration.   It really gave me a perspective on why he shuns the idea of cleaning up at home.  He has a lot of properties and people are moving in and out all the time.  Although he has help, he often has to provide support.  I so get it now and can increase my grace and space in this area.  I am so admiring of his ability to transform a place from barely livable into something quite lovely.  I learned a great lesson today, one about myself and one about my husband; both very valuable for our marriage.  So I guess there was a purpose after all.  God always knows.

Wives of the world in what way can you or do you honor your husband with admiration?  Is there something that he does that you are truly appreciative of because you would not do it yourself?  How can you honor him with admiration on today?  A little appreciation and acknowledgement goes a long way.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"To love is to admire with the heart, to admire is to love with the mind." Theophile Gautier

2 comments:

Conny said...

Oh, bless your heart ... what an experience!! My dad used to help a friend "flip" houses - and they have cleaned out some doozies. The stories of bugs and even worse makes my skin crawl!!
I also wanted to thank YOU for the comments and encouragement on MY blog!! I am enjoying this mutual exchange as well.
PS Thank the Lord for husbands who take care of things! Mine just started cleaning our church/school two days a week to earn some extra $$ - its supposed to be a mutual task - but on thursday, he let me go home to work on some paperwork while he took care of the toilets, etc (and there are A LOT of toilets in our buildings!!!). He doesn't do much, if any, cleaning at home - but it is GREAT that he CAN do it, if he needs to! :) I can admire that! ;)

Rochelle said...

Conny Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. It is absolutely awesome to have husband's that can do the work because you never know when we will really need them for that. My apartment cleaning days may not be totally over but you best believe I will be sure the precleaners has graced the presence of the place before I enter. Thanks so much for your diligence in sharing your stories on my blog. I truly am encouraged by them and your dedication.