Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 252 Honoring My Husband With Relationship

Today was a nice restful blessed day.  I had an awesome time in church.  I could not believe it when my Pastor stated his scripture, Colossians 3:18-19, which reads:

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.

It was yet another confirmation of what the Lord is teaching us as wives and husbands.  However he did not go on to preach about marriage, but he spoke about power.  He stated these scriptures are really about power and he asked the question "What do we do with our power?"  My interpretation of that was that as wives and husbands we have power and it is our responsibility not to abuse or lose it in our relationships.  Today I am honoring my husband with relationship.

We had discussed the possibility of spending the day doing something outdoors.  However today is football day and I found him in front of the TV watching the game.  I mentioned about going out but know how much he LOVES football.  He said he was willing to forego the game, after the Ravens of course, so we could go out.  I realized at that moment my possession of power as a wife to determine how we spent the afternoon. 

On day 207, I wrote about CHAIRS from the book Love and Respect.  The R stands for our husband's need for shoulder to shoulder relationship.  I decided it was the perfect opportunity for us to have some shoulder to shoulder time and a win/win.  We spent the day side by side in bed.  He watched football all day and I got to work on a blanket I have been crocheting for about a year. It was a nice, peaceful and enjoyable afternoon and evening.  We both noted it had been a  long time since we spent hours in bed watching TV.  Today I honored my husband with relationship by meeting his need for shoulder to shoulder time and my need for quality time.  Sometimes submission means using our power as a wife to bless the desire of our mate.  

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with relationship?  How do you meet his need for shoulder to shoulder time, without him asking for it?  How can you honor his need for relationship today?  Please share your stories with us we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: